Guidelines For Using BizTrek's Intellectual Property
BizTrek and the BizTrek icon (logo) are registered and protected trademarks of BizTrek International, Inc. in the USA and Canada.
These guidelines are for BizTrek employees, customers, partners, vendors, or any other party wishing to use BizTrek’s trademarks, service marks, or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the BizTrek Name or Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of BizTrek may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal, state, and/or provincial laws. Use of BizTrek trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
BizTrek’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a BizTrek trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that BizTrek is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with BizTrek’s rights in the trademark, including challenging BizTrek’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, in the USA and Canada, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any BizTrek trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a BizTrek trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to BizTrek. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please submit your query to BizTrek’s Trademark Department.
Authorized Use of BizTrek Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only parties authorized by BizTrek may use the BizTrek Name and Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. You may reference BizTrek’s products and services using the BizTrek trademarks, so long as such references are: (1) truthful, fair, and not misleading, and (2) comply with these Guidelines, which may be modified from time to time by BizTrek in its sole discretion. The BizTrek trademarks and brands should never be used in a way that would:
a. Show BizTrek or its products and services in a false or derogatory light.
b. Create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with BizTrek or BizTrek products or services.
2. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use a BizTrek word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title.
b. The use reflects favorably on both BizTrek and BizTrek materials, products, or technology.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the BizTrek word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The BizTrek logo or any other BizTrek-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from BizTrek.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by BizTrek, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (event) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by BizTrek Inc.”
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of BizTrek’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
3. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning a BizTrek product or technology may use the appropriate BizTrek word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 2 above.
Unauthorized Use of BizTrek Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, BizTrek, 12 Triggers, or any other BizTrek trademark, including BizTrek-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. BizTrek Logo and BizTrek-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the BizTrek Logo or any other BizTrek-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from BizTrek.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a real BizTrek or other variation of the BizTrek logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a BizTrek trademark for any purpose. For example:
Not acceptable: Biz-Trek, BizTrak, Biz-Trak, BizzTrek, BizzTrak, BizTreck, BizTrack, BizTreker, BizTrekker, Biz-Treker, Biz-Trekker, BizTreking, Biz-Treking, BizTrekking, Biz-Trekking.
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use a BizTrek trademark or any other BizTrek-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use BizTrek or any other BizTrek trademark, including BizTrek-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply BizTrek’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing BizTrek or any other BizTrek trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from BizTrek.
7. BizTrek’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive BizTrek packaging, web site design, logos, typefaces or slogans.
8. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical BizTrek trademark as a second level domain name.
"Not acceptable: “BizTrekMentor.com” “BizTrekCoaching.com” “BizTrekCourse.com” “BizTrekMarketing.com”
9. Trademark Bidding: Unless expressly permitted in an agreement between you and BizTrek, you may not bid on a BizTrek trademark (or any variant or extension thereof) as a keyword on any search engine, or use a BizTrek trademark (or any variant or extension thereof) in any form of paid advertising including, but not limited to, paid social, and display advertisements.
Rules for Proper Use of BizTrek Trademarks
1. Always spell and capitalize BizTrek’s trademarks exactly as they are shown … BizTrek. Do not add a hyphen or space. Always capitalize the “T.” Do not make up names that contain BizTrek trademarks.
2. Use the BizTrek trademarks only as adjectives followed by the appropriate generic product or service noun describing the relevant product or service (e.g., “the BizTrek® mentoring process”). BizTrek trademarks should not be used in plural or possessive form or as verbs.
References to BizTrek International, Inc.
When BizTrek is used to refer to our company, BizTrek International, Inc., rather than as a brand of product or services, then the rules for proper usage change slightly. Unlike trademarks, company names are proper nouns; they can be used in the possessive form and do not need to be followed by a generic term. Neither the ™ nor ® symbol should accompany references to BizTrek as a company. Example:
Correct: BizTrek is building a growing legion of faithful fans.
Incorrect: BizTrek® is now offering its customers more choices than ever.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within the United States or Canada Only:
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States or Canada, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the BizTrek trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Use the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right foot of the trademark.
c. Include an attribution of BizTrek’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of BizTrek International, Inc.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of BizTrek International, Inc.
2. Distribution Outside the United States or Canada:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States or Canada.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of BizTrek International, Inc.
_________ is a trademark of BizTrek International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and Canada.
Depictions of BizTrek Products
Endorsement or Sponsorship: BizTrek does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of BizTrek products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that BizTrek endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
For further information with respect to BizTrek’s trademarks and copyrights, please submit your request in writing to the Intellectual Property Team via our Inquiry Form in the footer below.