Guidelines for Using BizTrek Trademarks and Copyrights
BizTrek and the BizTrek icon/logo are registered trademarks of BizTrek International, Inc. in the USA and Canada.
"12 Triggers" is a sales mark of BizTrek International, Inc.
These guidelines are for BizTrek authorized resellers, customers, and other parties wishing to use BizTrek’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the BizTrek Name or Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of BizTrek may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of BizTrek trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
BizTrek’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a BizTrek trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that BizTrek is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with BizTrek’s rights in the trademark, including challenging BizTrek’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, in the USA and Canada, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any BizTrek trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a BizTrek trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to BizTrek. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please submit your query to BizTrek’s Trademark Department.
Authorized Use of BizTrek Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only BizTrek and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the BizTrek Name and Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the BizTrek Logo only as specified in these Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with BizTrek, provided they comply with the following requirements.
a. The BizTrek word mark is not part of the product name.
b. The BizTrek word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “using” or “accessing.”
c. The BizTrek word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
d. The reference to BizTrek does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with BizTrek or BizTrek products or services.
e. The use does not show BizTrek or its materials in a false or derogatory light.
2. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use an BizTrek word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ Seminar for Entrepreneurs.
b. The use reflects favorably on both BizTrek and BizTrek materials, products, or technology.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the BizTrek word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The BizTrek logo or any other BizTrek-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from BizTrek.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by BizTrek, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (event) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by BizTrek Inc.”
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of BizTrek’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
3. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning a BizTrek product or technology may use the appropriate BizTrek word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 2 above.
Unauthorized Use of BizTrek Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, BizTrek, 12 Triggers, or any other BizTrek trademark, including BizTrek-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. BizTrek Logo and BizTrek-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the BizTrek Logo or any other BizTrek-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from BizTrek, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a real BizTrek or other variation of the BizTrek logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a BizTrek trademark for any purpose. For example:
Not acceptable: Biz-Trek, BizTrak, BizzTrek, BizzTrak, BizTreck, BizTrack, BizTreker, BizTrekker, Biz-Treker, BizTreking, Biz-Treking.
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use an BizTrek trademark or any other BizTrek-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use BizTrek or any other BizTrek trademark, including BizTrek-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply BizTrek’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing BizTrek or any other BizTrek trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from BizTrek.
7. BizTrek’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive BizTrek packaging, web site design, logos, typefaces or slogans.
8. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical BizTrek trademark as a second level domain name.
"Not acceptable: “BizTrekMentor.com” “BizTrekBootCamp.com” “BizTrekWarRoom.com” “BizTrekMarketing.com”
Rules for Proper Use of BizTrek Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: I utilize BizTrek courses.
Not Correct: I’m a BizTreker.
3. Always spell and capitalize BizTrek’s trademarks exactly as they are shown … BizTrek. Do not add a hyphen or space. Do not make up names that contain BizTrek trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within the United States Only:
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the BizTrek trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Use the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right foot of the trademark.
c. Include an attribution of BizTrek’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of BizTrek International, Inc.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of BizTrek International, Inc.
2. Distribution Outside the United States:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of BizTrek International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of BizTrek International, Inc.
Depictions of BizTrek Products
Endorsement or Sponsorship: BizTrek does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of BizTrek products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that BizTrek endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
For further information with respect to BizTrek’s trademarks and copyrights, please submit your request in writing to the Intellectual property Team via our Contact Form.